Monday, March 24, 2008

Pancakes


It is generally acknowledged that I am a good cook. This is not me tooting my own horn, I have the testimony of many requested recipes and the fact that my own boys prefer holiday meals to be at home.



I will however, admit to anyone who is interested, that when it comes to pancakes I am a failure. I have spent some time analyzing why this is and have come to the conclusion that it has to do with my lack of hand-eye coordination (this also explains my miserable years playing volley ball in gym class). In any case, when it comes time to flip the pancake, I find my blood pressure starts climbing. I share this photo as evidence to the truth of my words (the pan was too hot as well, hence the very dark exterior)



2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so proud of you! Welcome to the bloggy world :-) Didn't you just love Boomama's "So That I Never Forget" post on March 20th? ROFL
P.S. I cannot believe you have trouble making pancakes. Come on, can it be so?! :-)

riTa Koch said...

And I cannot believe you've had a blog since March and I did not know anything about it! Maybe it says I am not one of the kindred spirits. It's more likely, however, that I am not very observant AND you are so humble.
I love everything about it! Now I will go through and catch up and add you to my blog list!
love,
rita