Now it's my turn to follow the rules and share some great blogs with you.
I only have one person left to tag and that would be my friend Amy. I have no idea how to link to her blog.
Here are the rules:
Copy the award image into a post.
- List 10 things that make you happy.
- Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day. They have already been tagged. (I don't read very many)
- Put in a link to their blogs. (Don't know how to do this)
- Notify the award receivers.
- Recipients should link back to the sender’s blog. Sorry Kathy, don't know how to do this, I'd ask my boys if they were available.
Here goes, 10 things that make me happy, in no particular order.
1. There is a pond at a nearby state park. You can only reach it by canoe, it is perfectly round, surrounded by trees and overgrown with water lilies. Usually there is a stork sitting in a tall tree. When I die I want to be cremated and have my ashes strewn there.
2. My calico cat who sits outside my office window every day and though once wild and untouchable now loves me enthusiastically. She helps me understand how God loves us and how His love changes us.
3. Color. Color makes me happy.
4. Really well prepared food. Food that has layers of flavor that build and complement each other.
5. Cooking. Don't always achieve #4 but that is always the goal.
6. Sweet toddlers.
7. Semi-precious stones. These tie in with my love of color. The book of Revelation talks about them quite frequently and Ezequiel 28:14 talks about walking among the fiery stones. Can't wait to see them! So...when I make jewelry it has a deeper significance.
8. My orchids, especially the phalaenopsis that Alan gave me years ago. I'm happy every time I see it's cheerful yellow blooms
9. Genuine changed lives in our church family
10. Friends and family who are helping me to (finally) feel that I belong.